Tuesday 3 August, 2010

Things are taking shape

I've been asked if I want to do backing vocals for another gig with Fire Exit, on the 18th of this month. It's at a restro-bar called "Attitude" which incidentally is walking distance from my house.
This pushes my studying-for-the-GRE plans even further back - not that I'm in the mood or anything.
I've said yes, since I did have fun the last time, and this now gives me a chance to learn from the mistakes I made the last time around - not so much about the music itself, but just all the things that come with being on stage in front of a big audience, in a large room with poor acoustics.

This also means more practices in Delhi, which is just so much nicer than being stuck in Gurgaon all day.

Meanwhile, things are taking shape regarding my Singapore plans. The plan is to go to Singapore on the longest visit visa I can get, crash with whoever is willing to have me, spend all the money I have left over in my Canadian bank account on meals, transportation and possibly clubbing, and work on a research project that has just started, but will be defined as we go along. The professor has her main idea already, and I've worked for her before, but ideally I want to get there and earn her trust before the planning stage is completely done, so that we can determine the exact direction of the study together, at least with some input from me. 


As things stand right now, she has said she's willing to give me a lot of responsibility and independence, so overall it's sounding like the sort of thing I had in mind when I decided to take a year off. I will probably only be able to be in Singapore for about 3 months, so as of now I'm waiting to hear whether this is a problem for her.

Singapore Art Museum, as seen from SMU
This also means that I'm not going to look for a job when I go back to Toronto, since this project will definitely require a commitment past October. October visit to Toronto, in general, will only happen if I get permission to do convocation in October (probably will, but still waiting on this). So the trip will probably be for about 2 weeks, of which I plan to spend 3 days in London, if I can. 


In other news, my brother's resume kicks my resume's ass, and he's 6.5 years younger than me. *Proud but Envious*

No comments: