Tuesday 24 August, 2010

Short articles I want to share

The first one is an article by an Autistic university student about the little strange characteristics she notices in her neurotypical peers (non Autistic muggle folk), with Simon Barron Cohen's corresponding comments. Simon Barron Cohen is one of the world's leading Autism (and Developmental Psychopathology in general) researchers. If I had better grades, and there was more funding in the UK generally, I would have applied to study under him.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129379866

Random Update: As of last week, I'm looking at PhD programs that have a Developmental Psychopathology stream specifically. There aren't many.

The second one is an article about recent research being done on the fluidity of sexuality. Specifically, it's about women who discover that they're gay or bisexual later in life. (Well, I've always said it... )

Note: I don't at all agree with the title. You don't become a lesbian just because you are a woman who is dating a woman.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129050832

1 comment:

Srishti said...

I've spelled Baron-Cohen, as 'Barron' Cohen, even though I knew the correct spelling. TOO MUCH GRE PREP!