Monday 6 September, 2010

Singapore! Finally!

So I'm finally here , and it's going to be great. It was great when I was here on exchange but many things were inconvenient and emotionally draining.. but I have a good feeling about this time.

Am going to NUS on Tuesday to attend a psych talk, and to meet the professor and discuss details.

I'm probably leaving in about 2 months, or if I can get the extension, I might be able to leave in three months, which I would prefer.

I'm currently staying with Akshat, which is working out to be uncomplicated so far. We're both going to be busy with our own thing anyway so that's good, and if I'm not at NUS, we can get lunch together in the city. I can feel the difference in EVERYONE I've met so far - everyone's got a job and the whole chilling dynamic has changed completely.

Incidentally, Akshat's housemate seems to know a lot of people at York.. and his other housemate seems to know people at VVS. I didn't know these two from before, but it was enough of an icebreaker in general. The rest of Akshat's friends live one floor above us, and that's nice for evening/night chilling. Two close friends live within 1 MRT (metro/subway) stop, which also makes for good homely evening chilling :-)

I'm so happy that there are enough friends very close by.. it's difficult to really spend time with anyone when everyones busy and living far away from each other.

I have $1000 , which is fine for one month.. very hard for 2 months.. and impossible for 3 months... so let's see. (Please put 5$ in my fund?)

I've contacted the Autism Association and filled out their volunteering form, but they take ages to get back to you. That's fine I guess, since I can't commit to them till I know my data collection / lab schedule.

I'm back on Facebook... I find that the life in Singapore is not really conducive to keeping in touch with people outside Singapore.. like many places I guess.

SKYPE CALL FORWARDING: You can now call me anytime for free on my cellphone, using your Skype account. There should be a call forwarding symbol near my name even when I'm offline, and calling my Skype account will connect you to my cellphone. Don't call me at very weird times - while I usually have no problem with this, I'm sharing a room and don't want to be inconsiderate.
Also, if you try calling me and it says "calling"  but nothing is happening, don't hang up, it takes much longer than usual.

Breakfast time !

No comments: