Monday 2 August, 2010

List of things to worry about this year.

Taking a gap year after getting a degree is not how most people go about things, and for good reason. It feels like going backwards in too many ways, but since I'm not ready to work, and I'm not ready to study, and I'm not ready to do anything because I'm too far from figuring out what I want - I guess I figured I might as well do it.

New things I now need to worry about:

Whether to continue staying in Delhi, where money is not an issue because I am bumming off my parents, and where I am gradually losing my sanity OR move to somewhere with lots of friends who can let me crash on their couch on a semi permanent basis. (if Sujesh can do it, why can't I?)

Couch where Sujesh made his home for over a year. Sometimes I borrowed it. 
Whether to go back to Toronto and get closure, since everything happened in such a blur towards the end OR just forget my life in Toronto ever existed, and move on with life (since life in the next place I move to is bound to be drastically different)

Whether to apply to Masters programmes, which give me more flexibility and less forced commitment, but also less money OR apply to PhD programmes, which are harder to get into, involve 5-7 years of commitment, but if you do get in give more money in most cases.

No comments: