Monday 2 August, 2010

My room needs a makeover

My room needs a makeover. Everything is yellow, green, orange and other bright colours that I feel like I'm too old, or too emo for. I can't feel at home in this room, till I get rid of all the furniture and start from scratch.

Room is way too happy, chee. Notice collage in the background.
Unfortunately I'm too lazy to ever actually do this. I think I'll just leave, so I don't have to deal with all the "this is supposed to feel like home but doesn't, oh no" issues that are keeping me up at night.

Then again, if I leave here, something else will keep me up at night.

Literally, there are collages on my wall that are so old that I actually don't recognize some people in it. And there are lots of ex boyfriends in them, and it's really weird. It's actually pretty funny, you can spot the ex-boyfriends by looking for the pictures that stand out as being bigger than the rest. I had this annoying habit of getting lovey-dovey pictures printed in slightly larger sizes, back in the day when pictures were still printed.

My new plan is to make a collage of scrap-book type fragments of things that remind me that I've made difficult choices before, with little support from others, and have later been extremely grateful to past me for trusting past me's gut. Hopefully that will help me get through this year.

No comments: