Friday 20 August, 2010

Girl gets caught faking a York degree because of the weird 9 GPA system ;-)

Transcript of a very very interesting presentation given by a York University person, on the prevalence of fake degrees from Canadian (and American) universities

It's a bit long, but definitely try to at least read the 1st section! (Hit "Fullscreen")


fake degrees -



I've actually seen an absolute idiot, who knew nothing and tried to know nothing, come to a Philo class with an unofficial grade sheet that HAD to be fake. It was filled with A's and A+ ... and after a semester of having him in my class, and 2 years of slogging to get A and A+ and managing to do it, I know there's no way that was his real grade sheet. And I remember how proudly he was showing it to me - his argument was that he had gotten only A and A+ for 2 years and therefore he should be excused from this exam in which he wrote his name and walked out (presumably to go create this fake grade sheet in a panic)

I also remember how realistic it looked.. it was scary.

The prof figured the same thing, and refused his appeal to give him a retake, after which he rolled his grade sheet into a ball, smashed it into the wall, called her a stupid bitch under his breath and walked out..

Oh, York :-) How I don't miss you at all ...

No comments: