Wednesday 18 August, 2010

Attitude with Fire Exit / GRE update/ Skype Out

The second gig with Fire Exit was last night, at Attitude, which is just a decent bar quite close to my house in Gurgaon. I frankly thought it was a much better performance destination than Hard Rock because it was smaller and rounder and therefore had much better acoustics. I think the show went off pretty well, there was some random annoying stuff in the middle, where certain things needed to be said and done for the sake of the sponsors, but apart from that we all had a lot of fun.

More people from school were there this time as well, so that was nice and quite chilled out. I also met someone who used to be very important in my life, but who I hadn't seen for 6 years and had completely lost touch with. That was almost the highlight of the evening!

I wish I had a picture from yesterday to put here, but I didn't have my camera, and the band's official photographer was missing yesterday so I don't know how that worked out. Pictures might have surfaced on Facebook by now, and I have half a mind to log on, quickly search for them, and deactivate my account again... on the other hand, I was wearing a top that's not mine, and looked very fat in it, so I'm kind of dreading the pictures anyway if there are any :S

In other news: GRE study passion is back! I'm finally registered for an actual test, and it's on the 1st of September. I was dreading having to fix my sleep cycle, but the exam is from 5pm - 9pm. I lucked out..

In more other news: Skype Worldwide Subscription is an amazing product that's totally worth the money. For a long time I never looked into it because I had pretty much stopped using phone calls as a primary way of communicating, so it wouldn't have been value for money at all, but now that there's no Facebook to stalk my friends on, I'm realizing I actually need to talk to them to figure out what's going on. For $15 (CAD) a month I can talk an unlimited amount to people in the US, Canada, Singapore, UK, and Australia which pretty much covers all the friends I'd want to talk to in any kind of regular capacity. That's a really sweet deal!  In the last 48 hours, I've fully पैसा वसूलd by speaking to 3 people in Canada, and 1 person in the US for a total of many satisfying catchup hours. Also, once I'm in Singapore, people can call me Skype to Skype, and I can use Call Forwarding to have it call on my phone even when I'm not online, which is all the time. It works out to be free for them and for me in a way since I'm anyway using this subscription.

If we haven't spoken for a while, and you're in any of those countries I mentioned, please send me your phone number, and I will call you one of these days :-). Email: schrod@gmail.com

No comments: